Building a record-breaking vehicle requires a lot of custom-made components. We always have need for CNC machined parts, composites, metal 3D prints, high-strength plastic 3D prints, and help with many other tasks. If you have a service to offer – please contact me at contact-eva [insert “at” here] greenenvyracing.com. You will – of course – get your name or logo on the Green Envy in exchange, as well as your name and/or logo online!
Here are a few things we will need:
- EDM cut steel connectors that will make it possible to brake the Green Envy into three pieces (front/driver’s capsule, motor bay, and tail) so it can be shipped more easy.
- Custom-made, light-weight container ramp(s) allowing us to unload the Green Envy onto the salt. Could be made from plywood or aluminum.
- Tailor made coolant water tank of stainless steel sheet metal.
- Composite canopy with polycarbonate windshield (we have the material for the windshield).
- Custom-cast high-strength polyurethane tread elements for the “KiWieel” wheels.
- Shelving for the 20 ft sea container.
The beautiful wheel on the cover photo was machined by University of Auckland senior technician Lachlan McLaren. Or, as I like to call him, “The Metal Magician”.